Saturday

What's Cookin

I feel like I have been giving the garden short shrift, in terms of posting and chronicling, which is a shame given all the amazing and magical stuff happening out there. Someone asked me today what I had planned for the evening meal, which reminded me that I had intended to post some "from the garden" recipes here, so here you go:

Fettuccine with Mixed Garden Vegetables and Parmesan
Sounds complicated and labor intensive, but isn't:

I chopped a sweet pepper and put it in a cast iron pan in the oven to roast while I brought a pot of water to boil on the stovetop. I added chopped baby carrots and broccoli to the water, then added the pasta, towards the end of the boiling time I also added peas. I drained the pasts and veggies together, removed the pan of peppers from the oven and put it stove top. Into this pan I tossed the pasta and veggies with olive oil and Parmesan cheese. One quick, easy meal with all the essential food groups and no food miles.

Just about any combination of veggies would do: spinach, shredded zuccini, even squash blossems. If I had had some on hand, I might have added portobello mushrooms, but it was mighty taisty just as it was. mmmn

No comments: