Sunday

Ride of the Bike Smoothie

Got a chance to try out being a Pedal Powered Smoothie Peddaler, as part of a fundraiser for a Free Geek. It was a borrowed bike blendar, not the set up I would have, given my drothers, but that said, I learned a lot, had a lot of fun and helped raise money for a very good cause. Most folks peddaled their own smoothies, and had a hoot doing it. The geeks hooked up a meter that allowed folks to see how much power they were generating as they pedaled --there was a bit of friendly competition between several guys: top number 303 watts --go Martin!!
(thats not me in the photo, just so ya know)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cool! So are you still dreaming of becoming a Smoothie Peddler? (You're much cuter than the guy in the pic.)

Anonymous said...

I'm thirsty! ;-D

westwind said...

hey guys, the smoothies were soooooo good ( I swear they taist better by vertue of being made in a bike powered blender); and yes, I want to do it. There are all kinds of licencing and permit issues --as well as the very daunting financial ones-- so it might be next spring before I get it up and going. Will keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

sweeeeet!